Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Job Hustling: An Update

Remember I mentioned in my previous post that I managed to get an interview with a PR firm despite having absolutely no prior PR experiences?

Well, the interview was successful and I began work last Monday.

I'd love to tell more about how I managed to clinch my PR job, but that deserves a post of its own, so not today folks. For now, I'd just like to say that I am glad I took the courage to take the plunge into the world of PR. PR is no walk in the park, but I am enjoying it on the whole ;)

Looking back, I was unemployed for just a short period of time: a little more than 2 months. At that time, though, there was so much uncertainty and I wondered many times how long it would take before I'd find a job. Not just any job, but one that I am qualified for and that plays to my strengths, at the very least. Finding a job was so hard given the increased competition in the Singapore job market and the fact that I did not have much concrete work experiences as a recent graduate. It all seems like a different world now.

The hustle does not end though. This job is actually an internship, and if I am good enough, the firm would hire me as a full-time staff. So I am still hustling, albeit a different hustle, this time to prove myself in the world of PR. I do hope to forge a career in PR or PR-related fields so I am determined to overcome the learning curve that lies ahead of me.

Therefore, I will continue to blog about hustling. I still have some stories from my job hustling days that I want to share and I'd also love to talk about my ongoing experience in making the transition from civil service to PR. I believe hustling is an extremely crucial life skill that deserves a lot more attention. For now, I'd just like to let you guys out there know that I have finally gotten my unemployed ass out of my house and am working my ass off once again :P

Now, if you excuse me, I have media monitoring training early tomorrow morning that I need to prepare for!

No comments:

Post a Comment